The Herts & Essex Fertility Centre is consistently one of the top-performing fertility clinics in the UK and has some of the best success rates in the East of England. These results are achieved through the professionalism, expertise and the commitment of our staff.
Finance Manager | Full time
Closing date: 20 April 2021 | Post date: 14 April 2021
An exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager
The Herts & Essex Fertility Centre is consistently one of the top-performing fertility clinics in the UK and has some of the best success rates in the East of England. We take immense pride in providing a medical service of the highest calibre, tailored to suit the individual needs of each patient, in a friendly, supportive, and caring environment. The clinic is a leading surrogacy centre and awarded Surrogacy Fertility Clinic of the Year 2018. The Clinic supports the treatment of same-sex couples through our active sperm and egg donation programmes. Last summer we celebrated our 30 year anniversary with over 6,100 babies born as a result of our care.
Main tasks and responsibilities of this position:
- To establish and maintain financial management procedures for the clinic within budgetary constraints and to have responsibility for the preparation and collection of accounts.
- To provide day to day management of the payroll system ensuring salaries and expenses are paid within agreed schedules.
- Maintain day to day financial control of the service.
- Ensure that all finances are properly administered.
- Ensure that appropriate financial regulations and controls are in place and in use at all times.
- Prepare accounts and reconcile balance sheets.
- Monitor cash flow.
- Liaise with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Supervise finance administration team.
- Responsible for the development, deployment and maintenance of the payroll system and processes such as PAYE and pensions.
- Manage and maintain the SAGE system.
- Ensure that all purchase orders for the clinic are managed through the SAGE system.
- Prepare monthly journals.
- Check all bank statements.
- Responsibility for end of year accounts.
- Liaison with accountant and external auditors.
- Maintain standards of professional practice.
- Issuing of staff security badges and management of sign-in/out system.
- Looking after all clinic insurances:
- Doctors’ indemnity
- Indemnity insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Cyber insurance
- Public liability
- Working closely with the CEO, Michael Ah-Moye on finances.
- HR experience is beneficial but not essential.
- Attending monthly HODS (Heads of Departments) meetings.
- Attending quarterly quality meetings.
- To ensure that all information concerning patients is treated in the strictest confidence.
- To ensure that the HFEA code of practice is adhered to.
- To ensure that the Data Protection Act guidelines are followed.
- In general to help in any way to make the department run as smoothly as possible.
To be aware of and adhere to:
- Health and Safety at work Act.
- Company policies and guidelines.
- Disciplinary/Grievance Procedure.
- Fire Action Policy.
- No Smoking Policy.
- Quality and Healthcare Commission Standards.
- To read and sign all policies in accordance with the Care Standards Act 2002.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive as there may be other duties or requirements associated with the post which you may be called upon to perform from time to time.
Education / Special knowledge:
- Good knowledge of computer systems, SAGE Line 50 and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
Health & Safety:
All employees must be aware of the responsibility placed on them under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974), to ensure that the agreed procedures are carried out to maintain a safe environment for employees and visitors. Individual employees should also refer to specific health and safety requirements within their own job description.
The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about patients, staff and the Centre business in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The Herts & Essex Fertility Centre has adopted an equal opportunities policy and all employees must be aware of their obligations to abide by the spirit and nature of the policy to avoid direct and indirect discrimination.
Further related documents:
All Standard Operating Procedures, personnel documentation and Service Level Agreements.
We are located in a purpose-built, state of the art fertility clinic next to Broxbourne Council. The Clinic promotes personal development, involvement in projects and we pride ourselves on our celebrated patient and staff Wellness programme.
You will be rewarded with an attractive salary depending on your experience and benefit from working alongside a highly talented, friendly, inclusive, well-respected medical and scientific team, allowing you to enjoy a positive work-life balance.
To apply in confidence for the role, please submit your CV with a covering letter to vicky.Lee-Lozone@hertsandessexfertility.com