We welcome patient referrals from fellow professionals for those patients in need of expert help with fertility investigation or assisted conception treatments. However, a doctor or hospital referral is not required to book an appointment for any of our fertility assessments or consultations.
We hold regular Open Evenings every month so that potential patients can meet our expert team, find out who we are and what we do, receive impartial advice relating to their individual circumstances and look around our clinic without feeling any kind of pressure or sense of obligation. We do not discriminate against any patient: all patients whether single, heterosexual or same-sex couples are equally welcomed.
We will keep you informed of your patients’ progress throughout the investigation and treatment process.
Patient Referrals can be sent by letter or email (address below) for the attention of our founder and Medical Director, Michael Ah-Moye.
Why choose Herts & Essex Fertility Centre?
• Excellent success rates. HFEA data has consistently ranked us as one of the top IVF clinics in the UK since we started in 1989 as the Essex Fertility Centre at Holly House Hospital, in Buckhurst Hill, through to the relocation to our current premises at Cheshunt in 2007 as the Herts & Essex Fertility Centre.
• Unrivalled experience. In 2000 we pioneered the use of Blastocyst Transfer in the UK, and we have performed more than 2200 Blastocyst Transfers . We advise about 700 new couples each year.
• We have one of the best Egg Donation programmes in the UK in terms of success rates and number of patients treated
• We have our own in-house Donor Sperm Bank which has helped to offset the difficulty of procuring donor sperm for our patients in the UK.
• 63% of our Surrogacy patients have achieved a successful pregnancy.
• All consultations, tests and treatments are conducted at our purpose built and state-of-the-art Fertility Centre.
• No waiting lists: After the initial consultation, patients can start treatment after the next menstrual cycle.
What we do besides IVF/ICSI
Fertility Assessment and Treatment (FAST) Service
Our One-Stop Fertility Assessment includes:
• Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) test to determine ovarian reserve and check for rubella, full blood count, chlamydia and gonorrhoea
• 3D Saline Infusion Sonogram (SIS) for uterine cavity assessment
• Hystero-Contrast-Sonosalpingography (HyCoSy) for tubal patency assessment
• Semen analysis
• Comprehensive semen analysis
• Sperm antibody testing
• Sperm performance testing
• Post-vasectomy and vasectomy reversal testing
• Test for retrograde ejaculation
• Infection screening
• Full viral screening
• Genetic integrity testing
• DNA fragmentation testing
• Chromosome testing (Y-deletion), in severe cases of oligozoospermia/azoospermia
• Cystic fibrosis, in cases of azoospermia
• Male hormone tests
Gynaecology ultrasound scans
We provide a high quality gynaecology ultrasound service. We have a state-of-the-art ultrasound suite with 3D and 4D capabilities. The results report is available immediately.
Advanced gynaecological ultrasound scans are performed by highly experienced gynaecological consultants/nurses. This includes:
• Gynaecological pelvic ultrasound scans (including 3D for uterine anatomy assessment)
• Fertility ultrasound scans (follicle tracking, ovulation scan, endometrial thickness)
• Early pregnancy scans.
Gynaecological Consultants and Fertility Specialists
We will be delighted to hear from specialists who would like to work with us. We offer a range of satellite management packages; convenient for your patients and beneficial to your practice. We will provide an excellent service administered by a dedicated satellite coordinator.
Fertility partnership for Herts & Essex Fertility and Bourn Hall, Cambridge
Herts & Essex Fertility Centre is very pleased to be working in partnership with Bourn Hall Clinic, Cambridge.
This collaboration enables NHS referred patients of Bourn Hall to take advantage of our dedicated, expert staff and facilities for their consultation and monitoring appointments, whilst the egg collection and embryo transfer procedures will continue to be performed at Bourn Hall.
So, if your GP or local hospital has referred you for NHS treatment with Bourn Hall, Cambridge but the chance of having the majority of your appointments at one easily accessed location in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire fits better into your work or home life which, in turn, creates a less stressful fertility journey for you, then please do let the Bourn Hall staff know that you would like to choose this service.
For more information about GP, clinic or hospital referrals, please contact us in confidence on 01992 78 50 65 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.