Funded egg freezing

Funded egg freezing as part of our Egg Sharing programme

We know that many young women today are interested in fertility preservation to enable them to choose to start their families later in life so, in the same way that our Egg Sharing programme can help women to receive funded IVF treatment, it can also provide women with the opportunity to help another woman who desperately needs donated eggs to begin her treatment and to also meet the cost of her own egg freezing treatment, including the cost of storage for 3 months, by sharing half of her eggs. Further storage time will be charged at the usual egg freezing rate of £360 per year.

Are you eligible for funded egg freezing?

Anyone interested in our funded egg freezing treatment must be fit and healthy have a BMI of 19-29 and an AMH of 15 or over, be under 32 years of age and meet the HFEA criteria required to become an egg donor.

We will ask that you undertake a comprehensive fertility assessment to confirm that you have the potential to produce enough eggs for two people’s treatment. We are also required to assess your health and your genetic makeup, so you will need to consent to undertake all of the regulatory screening tests. This is to ensure that we are not knowingly passing any inheritable illness on to any child born as a result of your donation.


We are very conscious of the enormous, life-changing gift that our egg share donors make to an infertile couple. It is a very big decision to take and it is important that you think carefully, and understand fully, both the practical implications involved as well as the emotional consequences. It is, therefore, mandatory that you receive professional counselling by one of our independent counsellors before becoming an egg share donor.

Find out more

If you have any questions about egg freezing, or our Funded Egg Freezing programme, that you would like to discuss, please contact our egg share nurse coordinators, Sarah Templeman on 01992 78 50 67 or Caroline Cayley on 01992 78 50 65 or you can email